Full time with near full year employment. Tasks will vary and change depending on current need. In general, we need someone that is:
- Energetic to handle the rigors of our spring season.
- Customer orientated to communicate with our customers both at our Garden Center and when doing deliveries to our wholesale customers.
- Willing to tackle any task that needs to be done and get it done.
- Self motivated and able to work independently, dependable and reliable
- Basic aptitude for mechanical, electrical, and plumbing. Skid steer experience good.
- Ability to take charge to get things done when needed
- Greenhouse/gardening background
- Physically able to lift over 50lbs, climb ladders, and work on your feet for long periods.
- Work with and direct part time teammates to get tasks done.
Some of the tasks:
- Using various mixing and filling equipment to make and bag our growing mix and fill trays for production.
- Deliveries using a 16' box truck or dump trailer - Chicago, Milwaukee, and Madison area.
- Maintenance on equipment
- Tackling small projects like installing water systems, building tables, replacing poly, etc...
We will be building a 83'x180' greenhouse this summer and this person would be assisting us in this build. Must be comfortable with heights.
We operate on a project based schedule. There may be times in the summer, fall, and winter where we "take a break", while in the spring there will be some long days and hours.
Call Randy @ 608-347-4346 to learn more about the position and discuss applying.